Acre is working in partnership with a global non-profit leader in the campaign to end factory farming. The organisation believes that a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
We are searching for a Technical Expert on Farm Animal Welfare who will work closely with the Programme Director to provide high-level expertise and advice at a global-level, to achieve lasting positive impact for farm animals.
This role can be based in a number of global locations including: London, New York, Copenhagen, Toronto, Sao Sao Paulo or Costa Rica.
You will play a central role in further implementing and developing robust and innovative campaign strategies for this mission-led organisation and will be confident in championing the organisation's cause.
- Deliver the organisations Global Strategy across core themes such pig welfare, global chicken production and dairy farming in India
- Provide strategic technical guidance to enable the development and delivery of innovative campaigns and associated local projects
- Help to secure resources and market reach by actively contributing to the supporter relationships, fundraising, communications and donor reporting teams
- Lead and develop management approaches that set expectations of high performance and help to maintain a positive and creative culture
- Take overall responsibility for the effective and efficient management of delegated budgets, enabling timely and efficient delivery of technical input, assessment and expertise
The Technical Expert will provide strategic direction and animal welfare expertise across a range of specific programme areas.
Skills and capabilities:
- Subject matter expertise in animal welfare campaigning coupled with first class analytical skills and developing and delivering research-led approaches
- Proven leadership ability around meeting strategic objectives, motivating others, communicating direction and autonomous decision-making
- Experience of project management in a global matrix environment, with the ability to control budgets, manage consultants and deliver reports
- Strong network and relationship management skills across campaigning and gaining commitment to action with external stakeholders
In this role, you will operate at the forefront of the animal welfare campaign and play a key role as a senior spokesperson and relationship manager across a range of external contacts, such as the media, politicians, governments, corporate clients, celebrities and professional bodies. If you have the passion and belief to support the campaign, combined with an understanding of the wider aims of the organisation, then please apply for the position below. Feel free to contact Nick Daniel on for more information about the role and advice on completing a supporting statement.