Acre has been engaged by a leading tourism membership body to identify a Sustainable Tourism Executive. Reporting directly into the Membership Manager, as part of the sustainable tourism certification brand team, you will perform administrative duties in support of the business development, sales and marketing activities.
You will be required to independently communicate with members and stakeholders, including the leading tour operators and hotel chains globally, to facilitate customer services and business growth.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Developing an efficient audit allocation process including communication with auditors
- Administration for new subscriptions and the re-subscriptions of Members, including hotels/accommodations and tour operators
- Liaising with colleagues in the Finance Department to ensure that electronic financial transactions relating to revenue and expenditure are tracked
- Working in conjunction with the team and other departments to maintain and develop the Customer Relationship Management system
- Presenting to selected stakeholders and work with stakeholders to increase involvement and raise membership
- Travelling nationally or internationally as reasonably requested
The successful candidate will deliver service excellence to support the certification brand team, ensuring the portfolio of products and services is relevant and up to date. You will be responsible for ensuring that the services remain in line with the wider organisations strategy and direction.
Skills and capabilities:
- Fluent Spanish speaker, with the ability and willingness to work flexibly, responding positively under pressure and to deadlines
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Customer facing experience where high quality services have been delivered and maintained
- Administration and financial process experience, such as raising invoices, monitoring payment and producing reports
- Must be prepared to travel nationally and internationally, potentially at short notice
This opportunity will give the successful candidate a 360 degree view of sustainable travel, leisure and tourism. You will be part of an energetic team that will strategically coordinate joint industry actions to impact the environmental and social sustainability of popular destinations around the world, ensuring the viability of sustainable tourism protecting our planet for future generations to come.