Acre is partnering with the Timber Trade Federation (TTF) to oversee the recruitment of a new Sustainability Manager.
The TTF promotes and represents the Timber Supply Chain at national and international levels, providing an influential voice and developing the timber industries' commitment to growth and quality standards. Timber is the world's leading renewable, low carbon construction material. It has a wholly sustainable supply chain and contributes significantly to UK GDP and employment.
This exciting opportunity will be responsible for managing and developing the TTF's Responsible Purchasing Policy (RPP) and supporting the TTF's members on a path to greater sustainability.
- Developing and maintaining expert knowledge of the policy landscape impacting the timber industry
- Managing and developing relationships with members, sponsors, supporters, NGOs and wider stakeholder groups
- Leading a forward looking agenda for the TTF sustainability committee "Forests Forever" and the international hardwood trading division
- Representing the sector to Government at local, national and EU level
- Helping to secure positive economic and environmental policy conditions by removing the barriers to profitable trading
The successful candidate, reporting into the Managing Director, will be responsible for supporting the UK timber supply chain at home and internationally, representing the sector at conferences, debates and other public events. Alongside the TTF Responsible Sourcing and Due Diligence agenda, you will manage the key risk and reputational issues for the wider industry.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a strong strategic perspective and commercial acumen
- Proven ability of managing a business focussed environmental agenda with a focus on supply chain management issues
- Excellent communicator and relationship-builder with the authority and passion to promote and impact sector-wide growth
- Knowledge and understanding of working with government departments and related regulatory bodies
- Experience of the timber, construction or related industries is not essential, however would be advantageous
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding individual to help shape a dynamic organisation at the heart of the 21st century sustainability agenda. You will represent a strong and profitable timber industry built on supplying the UK with sustainable and fit for purpose products and providing an influential voice to develop the timber industries' commitment to growth and quality.