Acre has been engaged by a leading international construction services company delivering a broad range of fit out, construction and specialist engineering services, to recruit a Sustainability Manager. In this position you will work to ensure the highest sustainability standards across a varied portfolio of projects for blue chip clients. Reporting to the Head of Sustainability, you will help to develop and improve sustainability strategies for the business unit, whilst ensuring best practice is shared.
- Working with the Head of Sustainability to ensure management systems reflect industry best practice and innovations
- Engaging with the Supply Chain and Procurement teams to drive continuous improvement against objectives and environmental assessment requirements
- Calculating environmental performance targets e.g. for waste, energy, water and CO2, and assist the site teams in taking action to ensure full compliance
- Developing and delivering internal training to the business and supply chains on relevant topics. These include but are not limited to environmental tool box talks, reporting and legal compliance expectations, and environmental assessment requirements
- Supporting project teams to ensure projects adopt appropriate environmental control strategies, and are compliant with all applicable environmental legislation
The ideal candidate will have a professional, pro-active approach. You will also be an effective communicator, procedurally minded and have experience in working effectively with clients, designers, project teams and the supply chain.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Experience and understanding of environmental legislation and sustainability within the construction sector
- Ability to deal confidently with clients, consultants, staff, and subcontractors
- An in-depth knowledge and expertise in industry specific areas e.g. ISO14001 environmental management standard and assessment schemes (BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes, LEED).
- Experience in writing high quality Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) responses and Invitation to Tender (ITT) documentation.
- Experience within the new build and refurbishment sector.
This is a rare opportunity for a Sustainability professional to join a business where they will be encouraged to influence and develop the sustainability strategy for the business moving forwards. This is a chance for the right person to make their mark and contribute to real change in sustainability performance.