Penguin Recruitment are pleased to be working alongside a multi-award winning and International consultancy, who are looking for an experienced and dynamic Sustainability Consultant to join their established and experienced team in Reading.
In your new role as a Sustainability Consultant, you will be joining a specialist planning and multi-disciplinary engineering design consultancy. Offering International services, our client over the last 10 years have become a leading consultancy in the market.
Our client are looking for someone with a passion for sustainability and the desire to learn. You will have a good grounding in sustainable building design and energy policy/legislation to drive the company's growth plans. On offer is the potential for you to develop your career further within this interesting and unique organisation.
- Assist the sustainability team and associated services proposition
- Liaise with project teams on contract award to highlight BREEAM requirements
- Undertake BREEAM Domestic and Commercial assessments
- Produce regular reports for project teams on the status of BREEAM projects
- Provide regular BREEAM guidance and assistance to the project team
- Develop, manage and monitor sustainability/ BREEAM assessments
- Undertake Energy Statements and Energy Modelling Simulations for planning applications and lead responses to clients/local authorities
- Undertake Daylight/Sunlight/Overshadowing Assessments
- Complex Thermal Modelling analysis to assist with Environmental design
- Develop and build relationships with industry peers, consultants and Clients
Key Skills and Experience
- At least 1-2 years' work experience in sustainability consultancy.
- Engineering or Environmental Degree qualified
- Experience in delivering sustainability and energy statement, using SAP and SBEM calculations.
- Previous experience undertaking BREEAM Assessments.
- Experience in delivering daylight/sunlight/overshadowing analysis and internal daylight assessment, using Sketch-up and IES-VE.
- Experience in lodging domestic and non-domestic EPCs.
- Confidence in using SAP, IES-VE, Sketch-up, and AutoCAD software tools.
- Ability to understand architecture and survey AutoCAD drawings
- The capacity to work autonomously and proactively.
- Attention to details.
In return our client offer an excellent benefits package which include a competitive starting salary, bonus and pension scheme, full training and support for professional memberships plus many more.