A leading Aberdeen food processor (£35 m t/o) has a requirement for an exceptional ‘up and coming’ sustainability professional to join the team and lead the sustainable and environmental development of the company, under the goal of become market leaders in best practise in CSR.
The position will report to the Technical Director and directly influence management and the Board on the company’s sustainability journey. Main responsibilities include:
• Building strong working relationships with our large retail customers
• Leading on environmental and CSR improvements at the site
• Leading on supply chain CSR projects
• Reporting on varied CSR requirements to customers, NGOs and management including SEDEX, carbon foot printing, supply chain management, procurement and resource efficiency management
• Supporting the company on wider food security issues and reporting
• Completing customer and legislative returns relating to supply chain, food safety and vulnerability.
• Development of the company’s Environmental Management System to ISO 14001 (2015)
• Provide an advisory role in relation to legal compliance, best practice, knowledge of industry bodies and codes of practice
• Playing an active and potentially leading role within a number of seafood industry bodies and seafood industry consultations.
• Prior experience with environmental management and sustainability practices within food manufacturing sector
• Extensive knowledge and experience in relation to sourcing
• Previous experience or knowledge of ISO 14001
• Project Management
• Sustainability and environmental legislation
• Sound knowledge of the food manufacturing industry
Sound knowledge of CSR and ethical practices within the industry
Skills & Competencies:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Computer literate
• Proven Leadership experience
• Target orientated
• Educated to Degree level in relevant subject
• Membership (or working towards) of relevant professional bodies (e.g. IEMA)
• Confident in delivering change
Please mention GreenJobs when responding to this Job Posting.