Acre is pleased to be working with a leading international construction business to identify a Sustainability Advisor to join the sustainability team. The Sustainability Advisor will work across a number of multi-million pound projects targeting BREEAM, LEED, and Ska Qualifications. Alongside these responsibilities this position will also support the implementation of the Group sustainability strategies and winning future projects.
This is a fantastic chance for a driven person to join the construction industry in a challenging and rewarding position, with the opportunity for career development and progression into senior roles.
Key accountabilities are:
- Developing, cultivating and maintaining a culture whereby project teams self deliver sustainability requirements with strategic support from the sustainability team
- Calculating targets for waste recycling, CO2 & water usage, and assisting the site team in taking action and monitoring and reporting requirements (graphs etc)
- Supporting the project teams with LEED, BREEAM, and Ska Rating requirements and assisting with compliance
- Ensuring that projects are legally compliant with regard to for example waste management, hazardous waste, runoff disposal, pollution control and any local authority requirements
- Facilitating the internal/external environmental audits (e.g. ISO14001)
This successful person will have worked within industry delivering related sustainability standards including ISO4001, LEED and BREEAM. It will be most suited to someone who is capable of working independently and using their own initiative, as well as working well as part of a larger team.
Key requirements are:
- Degree level education in environment or related discipline
- Experience and understanding of sustainability issues in construction
- Preferably have Environmental / Sustainability qualifications (IEMA, CIRIA, etc)
- Either qualifications in, or strong knowledge of environmental assessment models (BREEAM, LEED, Ska, etc).
- Ability to deal confidently with colleagues, subcontractors and external consultants
The Sustainability Advisor position is an excellent chance for someone to join an industry leader with a passion for embedding sustainability in all projects. The successful applicant will get exposure to a diverse range of projects and will be provided ample development and support to develop their career. If you are interested please apply.