SHEQ Technician (Environmental)
C£22,000 plus benefits
Kent - South
My Client is in an exciting period of expansion and rebranding. The future is definitely good, and to enhance this they are now looking to recruit an SHEQ Technician (Environmental) to assist with the management of the companies Environmental Management System and undertake environmental monitoring
The Role: SHEQ Technician (Environmental)
* To assist with the management of the ISO14001 Environmental Management System including updating the activity register and carrying out environmental audits.
* To monitor all environmental occurrences and contribute to monthly statistical reports.
* To monitor the company's established environmental baselines,
* To respond to environmental incidents and emergencies by undertaking additional sampling and analysis as required.
* To maintain in a methodical, efficient and up-to-date state, the GIS database and filing system,
* To have a good working knowledge of related laws, to be conversant with the Health and Safety at Work and other such legislation as are appropriate to the working environment.
* To assist the Environment Manager with environmental awareness training and public engagement activities as and when required.
* To ensure that all personnel working with the post-holder carry out their duties safely, reliably and efficiently.
* To prepare reports and publications as directed.
* To assess and write risk assessments.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications: SHEQ Technician (Environmental)
* BSc in Environmental, Marine Environmental or Science Discipline.
* Field and practical experience in environmental monitoring
* To be familiar with and have knowledge of marine environmental management and monitoring techniques.
* General computer skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
* Ability to work near/on the water and on floating craft.
* Ability to communicate easily and with confidence.
* Ability to work methodically and with attention to detail.
* Ability to conduct statistical analysis for reporting
* Full UK Driving Licence
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.