Acre is delighted to be partnering exclusively with Toyota Material Handling (TMHE), the world's number one supplier of forklifts and warehouse equipment, to find their new Senior Sustainability Advisor. The role will be based in Brussels, Belgium.
TMHE were the first in their industry to publish a sustainability report and are ranked in the top 2% on transparency amongst 26,000 suppliers, by rating agency EcoVadis. Their commitment to sustainability has resulted in award-winning innovations in products and solutions, helping their customers to achieve their own sustainability targets.
As Senior Sustainability Advisor, you will implement TMHE's strategy to drive future competitive advantage by taking an industry lead in sustainability and transparency. You will also be responsible for:
- Leading engagement with key stakeholders: customers, employees, suppliers, owners and local communities
- Engaging all business functions to define and embed sustainability targets into TMHE's mid and long term plans and supporting other functions with their functional sustainability strategies
- Organising an annual external sustainability event for customers, as well as an annual internal sustainability conference for up to 50 participants
- Leading a group of circa 5 regional sustainability champions
- Managing internal sustainability communications via TMHE's intranet site and through knowledge sharing channels and managing timelines and budgets for the reporting platform, sustainability report and annual meeting
- Creating future versions of the sustainability report in line with GRI, eventually moving this completely on-line, and benchmarking TMHE's sustainability performance against clients and competitors
- Developing social contributions and volunteering strategies and reporting annually to Japan and managing central EcoVadis submissions and support local entities in local submissions
- Supporting the energy strategy to reduce energy consumption by 20% by 2020 and contributing to TICO safety vision implementation towards zero accidents
To be considered for the role, you will have a track-record and strong vision of driving sustainability as a competitive advantage, along with all of the following core skills:
- A track record of cross-functional leadership, change and project management across different cultures
- Strong attention to detail and the capability to create detailed and analytical strategies
- A degree in a science or business related subject
- Communication, coaching, presenting, selling and negotiating skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, with additional languages being a bonus
You will also have at least two of the following specialist skills:
- Sustainability reporting in line with GRI G4, ISO 26000 or similar standards; experience in building an on-line reporting platform would be particularly welcome
- Non-financial reporting software: Cloudapps (based on Salesforce) or similar
- CO2 accounting in line with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Stakeholder Engagement and Materiality Analysis
- Professional qualifications in sustainability, energy, health and safety or similar
If the thought of driving the sustainability strategy and maintaining a competitive edge for an industry-leading, award winning organization with excellent benefits including flexible working excites you, then please apply by following the instructions below.