This fantastic opportunity represents the chance to join one of strongest and most dynamic ecology teams within the consultancy sector. The role offers great scope for working with a team of highly respected ecology professionals, that pride themselves on their culture and ethos of being a great place to work. You will be working on a range of enviable projects using the most cutting edge techniques and approaches to consulting available in the industry.
This sizeable UK ecology team has a growing office in Birmingham that requires a dynamic ecologist at senior grade or above to support its further growth. The post comes with highly competitive salary and package as well as significant scope for further progression and career development.
JSM are working in exclusively with this leading Multi-Disciplinary consultancy as they look to fill a pivotal role in their Birmingham offices. If you are at all interested in finding out more please get in touch and we’ll be happy to provide you with further information.
About the role
You will be working on a range of large and prestigious projects across the region. This will include large rail and road schemes, urban regen, energy and power.
The role will be a good mix of office and field work, as well involvement in team and client management.
You will be highly supported by the regional director and work as their second in command, hence able to influence and provide insight and ideas on the teams further development.
· Project Management - all elements from co-ordination of field surveys to managing budgets and risk, client liaison and consultations with statutory and non-statutory consultees
· Desk studies - reviewing and assessing existing ecological information
· Ecological field surveys and training of junior staff
· Research projects, review of documentation, statistical analysis
· Assessment of the impacts of proposed developments, developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts and devising monitoring schemes
· Practical habitat creation work or other site supervision tasks
· Production of survey reports, Environmental Statement chapters, licence applications and other documents
· Attendance at meetings and providing advice to clients
· General administrative / management tasks relating to project quality, environmental issues, and health and safety (including risk assessment), and marketing
Capabilities and Qualifications:
· You will hold a relevant Degree
· Full member of CIEEM
Detailed knowledge of ecological principles, relevant wildlife legislation and ecological impact assessment
In-depth knowledge of plant or animal groups and appropriate field survey skills
Excellent commercial and project management skills
Ability to lead a survey team
Ideally hold Survey and/or Development Licences
What this opportunity offers you
By having the largest ecology team of any UK consultancy my client is able to secure much of the most desirable and innovative ecology work available. Joining this team will put you at the forefront of industry and significantly develop your expertise.
You will be provided with a highly competitive salary and package, as well as significant flexibility toward your working pattern. My client core ethos is a strong work life balance
On top of this you will receive excellent career development and mentoring, you will be able to channel your career in the direction of your choice
Highly recommended for an exploratory chat.