With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group plc which is one of Europe's leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
As part of our Environment business, our Land Management team are focused on providing services to a wide range of clients and projects and combine sound environmental science with pragmatic advice and experience to meet our clients’ requirements and deliver the best possible outcomes and we have a vacancy for a Senior Land / Environmental Management Consultant. The successful candidate will join a team of professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Ecology, Landscape, Archaeology and Planning.
Senior Land / Environmental Management Consultant – Oxfordshire
To manage and practically deliver land management, ecology, woodland and agricultural contracts and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. To meet team and personal targets and take part in and support sales and business development. This will involve:
- Designing, specifying, managing and delivering profitable contracts including land management, ecology, woodland, agricultural and ecological mitigation and habitat creation schemes for a range of development, utility and rail projects.
- Applying for and obtaining a range of environmental consents and permits from bodies including the Environment Agency (EA), Marine Management Organisation (MMO), Natural England (NE) and Planning Authorities on behalf of clients and their projects.
- Preparing Environment Management Plans (EMP) and Waste Management Plans (WMP) for client projects and for the different phases of planning and delivering the works, e.g. Construction Phase EMP.
- Negotiating favourable commercial terms and managing subcontractors and suppliers to deliver projects.
- Tendering and managing contracts for land management works on clients land.
- Project management including preparing project method statements, health and safety and environmental risk assessments, materials and traffic management plans as well as project quality plans.
- Supervising practical works on site effectively as well as managing quality and commercial issues.
- Depending on your expertise, providing management advice on contracts and on long term land management contracts.
- Carrying out sales and business development activities for the Land Management team through establishing excellent relationships with existing clients, finding new clients and preparing proposals and tenders.
Successful candidates will:
- Project manage contracts, including the tasks, finances, subcontractors and sub-tendering ensuring that work is delivered on time, within budget and meets the client’s satisfaction.
- Complete consent/permit applications and submit to the Environment Agency, Marine Management Organisation and Natural England, including preparation of Environment Management and Waste Management Plans.
- Prepare method statements, risk assessments, material and traffic management plans so that they meet regulatory and client needs.
- Supervise practical works on site effectively so that they meet regulatory and client needs.
- Provide solutions to your clients by delivering practical technical consultancy in your area of expertise.
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Help to achieve team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, assisting with tenders, approaching clients and undertaking sales meetings.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Excellent commercial and project management skills.
- Good generalist knowledge of land management, habitat management, agriculture and practical conservation.
- Experience of the application process for obtaining a range of environmental consents from legislative bodies and planning authorities.
- Experience of preparing Environmental Management Plans and Waste Management Plans.
- Knowledge of the Flood Risk Assessment process as part of EA consenting requirements.
- Member of the Association for Project Management (APM) or hold suitable qualifications and experience to become a member.
- Member of RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) as a Rural or Environment Surveyor or hold suitable qualifications and experience to become a chartered member.
- Member of IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment) or hold suitable qualifications and experience to become a member.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary in the range of £30,370 to £33,744
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining ADAS, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, ADAS wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria. Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 14 Beecham Court, Pemberton Business Park, Wigan, WN3 6PR, Tel 01942 493255 or email DBU.email@example.com If you require further information on this position, contact Angela Dewhurst as above.
ADAS is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.