We’re investing £2.5billion between now and 2021 that will reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes across the UK. It’s an exciting time and we need your help to ensure that this work is delivered with full attention to the environmental impact.
Our National Environmental Assessment Service (NEAS) manages the environmental assessments and consents for the flood projects that the Agency builds. Joining the team as a Senior Environmental Project Manager you’ll play an important role in delivering positive outcomes for people and wildlife alike.
The roles draws upon a diverse range of skills. Working closely with other teams, you will be involved in:
- Ensuring that engineering projects are environmentally compliant
- Screening, planning and co-ordinating the delivery of EIAs
- Working with a variety of environmental stakeholders
- Identifying environmental opportunities and delivering multiple benefits within one project
- Working with external suppliers and other Environment Agency specialists within integrated project teams
- Strategic Environmental Assessment of our strategies and plans
You'll have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external partners. It is advantageous to have project management skills too.
You must have an environmental background and a relevant degree (or equivalent) and are working towards a relevant professional qualification.
You will also:
- be able to show where you’ve worked with others to deliver environmental success
- have experience reviewing statutory environmental statements and SEAs, and co-ordinating statutory EIA
- be able to demonstrate a good understanding of a technical area of expertise, such as Habitats Regulations, Water Framework Directive, Planning or Marine Licensing.
- have obtained or be working towards Associate or Full Membership of a relevant professional institution (e.g. IEMA or CIWEM).
Contact and additional information
This is a full time permanent post based in Peterborough. There is some flexibility around this location which should be discussed prior to applying.
You will need to hold a full UK driving licence. The role will require some travel to sites and offices within the Anglian region. You may also be asked to travel to central locations for meetings or training. Occasional overnight stays may also be required too.
More information about the role and application process can be found in the candidate pack.
The closing date for applications is 2nd September 2018.
Interviews will be held in Peterborough w/c 24th September 2018
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Alex Mueller at email@example.com or to apply online please click the application button below.