We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated team member to join the Environment Agency’s National Environmental Assessment Service (NEAS) as a Senior Environmental Project Manager.
Your role will be to undertake environmental assessment and provide advice on a range of environmental considerations and consents. The Environment Agency are investing £2.5 billion between now and 2021 to reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes across the UK and this role will be key to ensuring that the flood projects are delivered with attention to environmental impacts and relevant environmental consents to help deliver positive outcomes for people and wildlife alike.
Working closely with other teams you will undertake screening, planning and coordinating for the delivery of environmental assessments such as Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) ensuring that engineering projects are environmentally compliant. Within integrated project teams you will work with a variety of environmental stakeholders, helping to identify environmental opportunities and delivering multiple benefits.
- You will be qualified to at least degree level (or equivalent) in an environmental or geography discipline.
- Relevant experience and/or a post graduate qualification.
- You will be a good communicator and have the ability to develop effective professional relationships with internal and external partners.
- It would advantageous to have project management skills.
- We will support you to work towards Full or Chartered Membership of your professional institution (e.g. IEMA or CIWEM).
Contact and additional information
You will need to hold a full UK driving licence. The role requires some travel and overnight stays.
For more information and to apply, please click the application button below.
The closing date for applications is 4th August 2018.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 0257 007.