Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant (Contaminated Land)
Permanent, full time
£highly competitive + valuable benefits
Location - Maidstone, Kent
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced environmental professional to join an enthusiastic team delivering contaminated land consultancy to a wide range of clients across the UK within the UK’s number one testing, inspection and compliance company.
Client focused and quality driven, we are a leading provider of infrastructure and development support services. Now we need a Senior or Principal Environmental Consultant to take responsibility for the project management and technical leadership of contaminated land and waste management projects and play a major role in the growth of this business stream for ESG. Your challenge will include:
- Taking technical and commercial responsibility for the delivery of contaminated land projects within both the local area and in the context of a wider consultancy team across the UK.
- Generating new enquiries for environmental consultancy work and expanding the current ESG client base.
- Leading growth of the team.
- Mentoring and developing more junior consultancy staff.
We’re looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with ability to work alone and as part of a team. Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also have:
- A first or higher level degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline, membership of a relevant professional body and at least 5 years’ (Senior) or 8 years’ (Principal) experience in contaminated land consultancy.
- A good technical knowledge of a range of contaminated land, human health and controlled waters risk assessment, remediation and waste management requirements and the relevant regulations, British Standards and other guidelines relating to the discipline.
- A demonstrable track record in project management, commercial management, staff supervision and client liaison.
- Good IT skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of technical and non-technical audiences, both via concise, complete and accurate written communications and verbally.
- The successful candidate will be working towards chartership in the near future if not already chartered.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
With over 100 years of history, ESG is the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, we put people at the heart of what we do, employing more than 1400 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.