- Salary from $82,570 - $98,702 pa + super
- Permanent Full Time Position - 35 hours/week + fortnightly RDO!
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Situated in a modern harbour side office location
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Environment & Sustainability Officer to join the Environment and Sustainability Team at Woollahra Municipal Council on a full time, permanent basis.
As the Senior Environment & Sustainability Officer, you will join a small and high performing team. A key element of your role will be largely focused on coastal management, catchment management and biodiversity issues.
You will develop and implement strategies and projects to protect and enhance the natural environment of Woollahra. To achieve this, you will need to undertake research and prepare reports on environmental issues, critically review environmental reports and assessments, develop scoping studies and briefs, engage and oversee consultants, and pursue external funding for projects.
Your strong environmental management background, experience working on catchment and coastal management issues, ability to build strong working relationships across the organisation and your passion for delivering excellent environmental outcomes will see you succeed in this challenging role.
- Degree qualification in environmental science, environmental management or related discipline
- Experience developing strategies and policies to address a diverse range of environmental issues
- Experience undertaking environmental impact assessment, including assessment of development applications
- Experience developing coastal and catchment management strategies and projects
- Experience developing biodiversity projects
- Experience sourcing external funding and managing project budgets
- Experience preparing project briefs, tender documentation and managing contractors
- Sound knowledge of environmental issues as they relate to local government, including coastal zone management, water quality and climate change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing, conflict resolution skills, and the ability to present to a wide range of audiences Class C drivers licence
- Experience working in an environmental role in Local Government
- Thorough knowledge of environmental legislation as it applies to Local Government
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Micaela Hopkins, Team Leader Environment & Sustainability, on 9391 7153 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, 7th April 2019
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication