Affric Ltd is a young, successful and quickly expanding business based in the North of Scotland. Affric provide professional environmental consultancy services, from feasibility to decommissioning. We support a range of sectors including: the energy industry, Nuclear and grid projects; ports and harbours; roads and quarries.
A position is now available in the Affric team, to continue the company’s rapid progress, whilst maintaining a high-quality service to all clients. Affric has a small focused team which provides a friendly supportive working environment, from a beautiful rural highland setting.
This unique role will provide extensive and varied professional development opportunities for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will be willing to get involved at all levels of operations, and take responsibility of delivering tasks to the required standard and deadlines. Given the dynamic nature of our client’s operations, flexible working will be necessary, but this can be arranged to the benefit of the candidate, client and business alike.
The role will be based primarily in the Energy and Infrastructure sectors providing support to deliver projects from initial feasibility through planning, construction, operation and in some instances, to decommissioning, with a focus on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). All candidates should be able to demonstrate an appropriate specialisation through their project portfolio.
The starting salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s previous experience. Future progression is not limited and will be determined by performance. Relevant training opportunities to provide personal and professional development are available.
The role will include, but not exclusively:
- Coordinating the production of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports;
- Authoring: reports, screening reports, scoping reports and EIA Chapters;
- Stakeholder management including Pre-Application Consultation;
- Construction environmental management planning; and
- Conducting research and site surveys / assessments in line with qualifications.
The successful candidate will be based in the Affric Office near Inverness but will be expected to travel to meet client’s needs; this could include working away in the UK and Europe.
Qualifications / Experience
The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, fit in with the team and be able to work on their own initiative. In addition, they will have:
- A degree (equivalent) or higher in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline.
- Chartered Environmentalist status (or be working towards it).
- Experience of Environmental Statements chapter authoring.
- EIA coordination experience (preferred).
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Scottish and English Environmental Legislation, Policy and Guidance, including planning and marine licensing processes.Sound understanding of environmental mitigation and pollution prevention techniques.
- Stakeholder Management Experience.
- Full, clean UK manual driving license (preferred).
Please provide Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing your key skills, aspirations and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org