With over 85,000 employees globally, AECOM is the largest environmental and engineering consultancy in the world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. In the UK our award winning environmental team comprises more than 900 environmental staff who work across all major engineering markets: power; oil, gas and chemicals; transportation; commercial and residential; education; governments; healthcare; industrial; leisure and hospitality; sports and venues; and water.
As a result of our continued success, we are seeking a Senior Consultant to join our established Environment and Planning Team based in our Newcastle office. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of our most highly rated EIA teams in the UK.
By joining our 50 plus Environment and Planning Team in the Midlands and North we offer you the potential to be involved across a wide range of development projects –power plants, power transmission lines, oil and gas developments, railways, highways, ports and airports. You will provide environmental inputs across project lifecycles; from early strategy development, through feasibility, optioneering/ option selection, outline design, to detailed design and construction and scheme operation/ maintenance.
You will provide input to locally and nationally significant development schemes that are progressing through all types of consenting regimes (including Development Consent Orders), working with high profile power companies, Highways England, Network Rail, Shell , local authorities and many others.
A selection of our current and recent projects includes:
- Two confidential new power station developments (north east England)
- Eggborough CCGT (Eggborough Power Limited)
- Viking Link HVDC Electricity Link (National Grid)
- North Wales Grid Connection (National Grid)
- Green Port Hull (Associated British Ports)
- Infinity Park (Derby City Council)
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
- Manage and coordinate multidisciplinary environmental inputs to a wide range of development projects;
- Manage and coordinate preparation of EIA screening and scoping activities, Environmental Statements including the technical review of specialist chapters;
- Liaise with clients and internal supply teams;
- Work in partnership with other members of the Environmental Team (both within Leeds and across the UK), delegating activities to staff as applicable;
- Work with design teams to ensure that environmental considerations are appropriately taken into account;
- Monitor and manage budgets; and
- Assist with business development activities and manage preparation of technical proposals.
- A degree in a relevant environmental discipline;
- Post-graduate degree an advantage;
- Appropriate professional membership – CEnv an advantage
- Experience commensurate with specified job responsibilities;
- Experience managing and coordinating environmental commissions and EIAs for a wide range of development projects. Work in transportation, renewable energy, port-related developments and electrical connections would be a distinct advantage;
- An excellent understanding of the EIA processes (including screening and scoping), environmental assessment methods and applicable planning legislation;
- Excellent report writing, technical reviewing and communication skills – all with an attention to detail;
- Excellent project management skills, including experience of programming, and budget/ financial management;
- The ability to work as part of an established team, supervising members of staff as applicable; and
- Full driving licence and a willingness to travel.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players who have a proactive and positive attitude and who are willing contribute and lead important environmental commissions. These positions offer excellent career progression opportunities within an established, friendly and professional environmental team. Benefits include a highly competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with a wide range of associated employment benefits.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.