Our client a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy, have an opportunity for an experience Ecologist to join their existing team of specialists. They have a varied project portfolio across multiple sectors including waste management, renewable energy and other land development throughout the UK. This opportunity has come about due to an increase in current workload and continued planned expansion throughout 2017.
The role will involve assisting in the development of ecological services to a variety of clients. Work will include leading the undertaking and production of habitat surveys, species surveys, mitigation schemes, ecological impact assessments, habitat management plans and input into landscape designs on a variety of projects.
The successful applicant will ideally have the following:
• Commercially-aware with good all round knowledge of practical and legal aspects of ecology and have experience at undertaking good plant ID skills and have experience at undertaking Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys ;
• Have excellent report-writing skills;
• A protected species survey licence holder and have experience of protected species mitigation schemes and licence applications;
• Qualified to at least degree level in an environmental subject and have proven experience at managing other ecological consultants and contractors on a number of projects;
• Have a full member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. CIEEM) and have at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an environmental specialist that is aware of its own environmental characteristic, that is committed to your personally development. As you would expect an attractive package will be made available to successful candidates.