Acre has been retained by a client widely recognised as the leading global materials science company. The materials produced by this business are used across industries from medical procedures, to expeditions, aerospace and many more.
Their commitment to product innovation extends to the protection of the environment in which it's operates. They are now seeking a Product Environmental Footprint Expert to join its sizable sustainability team within the Fabrics Division.
The manufacturing industry is moving towards an increased demand for transparency and clarity on the environmental impacts of products. Our client is already regarded a leader in their place within the value chain and they require this individual to continue to drive this environmental agenda both internally and externally. This is a fantastic leadership opportunity that will give the right person scope to influence and engage key stakeholders on this topic across the Fabrics Division and other divisions of the business.
- Establish the capacity to quantify the environmental impacts of the fabrics products on sale
- Define and integrate relevant science-based tools to support the business functions in their environmental product information
- Work across the global operations to set targets and guidelines for their broader portfolio
- Represent the brand on all Product Footprint Aspects with external stakeholders (industry collaborations, associations and customers)
Through your Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) expertise you will identify improvement options along the value chain as well as assessing newly developed technology and material options. With a self-driven approach, you will utilise your excellent communications and influencing skills to engage stakeholders for the adoption of best practice and new initiatives.
- Experience in applying LCA and implementing footprinting tools in complex organisations
- Demonstrable knowledge of emerging product labelling schemes (e.g. PEF, SAC).
- Environmental sustainability expertise, applied within industry, ideally across retail, consumer goods or the manufacturing sectors
- Proven ability to influence and drive environmental sustainability agendas, in a global, cross functional environment
This is a rare opportunity to make a truly global and positive impact within a purposeful business. Through this position you can influence and drive improvements in a large, fast-growing company, its global supply chain and the environment we live in.
You can be based out of one of the following locations: Livingston (UK), Putzbrunn (GER) or Elkton (USA)
For more information, please contact Chloë Hunt on +44(0)204 400 5576.