Acre is working exclusively SKF - a global manufacturing company to identify an engaging Product Compliance Specialist with a strong understanding of project management to join the business. This will suit an experienced Product Compliance professional, or a recent graduate with sufficient placement experience, with the enthusiasm to learn quickly and develop their career.
SKF is the largest bearing manufacturer in the world, manufacturing and supplies bearings, seals, lubrication and lubrication systems, with a focus on reducing the environmental impact of an asset during its lifecycle.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Product Compliance Manager in driving the implementation of product compliance across the business via strong internal stakeholder engagement and clear communication regarding environmental regulatory requirements impacting the company product portfolio. Full training will be provided, although a certain degree of autonomy will be expected.
- Analyse product and environmental regulatory requirements and laws affecting the company product portfolio (articles, mixtures) and keep up to date with legislative changes
- Work in collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with various international and state regulations concerning company products and product lines
- Contribute to the determination and communication of compliance to environmental laws of specific product families
- Drive implementation of processes and tools for product development to ensure that new products comply with relevant legislation
- Develop processes and tools for company purchasing team to ensure that all purchased products comply with relevant legislation, and if needed support implementation of such processes
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of environmental legal requirements, specifically in relation to articles (mechanical and electro-mechanical components/sub-systems/finished products), in addition to the following additional knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the following is desirable; REACH, EU RoHS, China RoHS, California Proposition 65, Dodd-Frank Act, Canada Prohibition of Certain Toxic Substances Regulations, U.S. EPA Toxic Substances Controls Act (TSCA), Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants
- A PRINCE2 qualification or project Management learned in industry, either in an equivalent role or through industry-based PhD
- Relevant qualifications commensurate with the seniority of the role such as a BS/MSc or PhD in Toxicology, Environmental Toxicology, Ecotoxicology or a related field
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global manufacturer in a business-critical area, so please get in touch if you feel you have the skills and experience required.