Principal Water Resource Consultant
My client provides world-leading independent analysis, advice and support on disciplines ranging from engineering and environmental hydraulics, to the management of water and the water environment. Due to continued growth and expansion they are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and creative Principal Water Resource Consultant. With a strong portfolio of ongoing UK consultancy work, and an established reputation of applied water resources research, this is an excellent opportunity for industry experienced individuals to help shape the Water Division.
Our UK water resource projects typically include close work with water companies to assess the performance and resilience of their water supply systems and strategically plan for the future. Working with government agencies and departments to evaluate options for policy reform and adaptation to long term climate and demographic pressures. External research and internally funded company research programmes further strengthen the position as industry innovators and technical experts.
- Must have experience of working with UK water companies to deliver Water Resource Management Plans and/or Drought Plans.
- High level of numeracy, including experience in writing and maintaining bespoke code (Python, R preferable).
- Familiarity with current UK water industry guidance.
- Appreciation of the challenges facing the UK water industry and a strong ambition to innovate to help the industry meet these challenges.
- International water resources planning.
- Experience of standard industry models (Aquator, HySIM etc.).
- Experience of data visualisation, machine learning techniques and the application of advanced decision making methods.
- Experience of Demand Assessment and Options Appraisal.
- Postgraduate water resource related study.
- Statistical expertise.
- Business development and establishing strong client relationships.
- You will also need to have the following professional and interpersonal skills/qualities:
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Positive attitude to meeting challenges and taking ownership.
- Collaborative approach and a strong team player.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as part of/or running small teams.
- Self-motivated and able to research and work on own initiative.
Indication of responsibilities
Responsibilities will vary depending on level of experience but in general you will:
- Manage your own time and that of others.
- Lead analytical work and run custom water resource computational models.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and provide guidance and mentoring.
- Actively engage with clients and support business development and bidding activities.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org