JBA Consulting (www.jbaconsulting.com) are seeking candidates for Principal / Senior / Environmental Consultant roles to support the growth of our Environmental Services within our JBA-Bentley Design & Build team in Leeds and Peterborough. The successful candidates will be part of our team delivering fluvial and coastal flood defence schemes on the Environment Agency’s WEM Framework.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a wide range of established and highly experienced specialist environmental teams from across the JBA business to continue to grow and develop the environmental support to our Design & Build teams. Existing teams cover services such as EIA, SEA, ecology, landscape, contaminated land, fisheries, groundwater, sustainability, geomorphology and catchment and river restoration.
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals who are strong communicators with solid experience in environmental consultancy and experience of successfully managing multi-disciplinary environmental inputs to design and construction projects. Specialist UK experience in ecology, landscape, architecture, heritage, arboriculture or EIA for example would be advantageous.
Candidates should have, or be working towards, full membership (Chartered equivalent) of an appropriate professional body such as Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), the Chartered Institute for Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or the Landscape Institute.
The successful candidates will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
• Writing technical reports, coordinating planning applications and applications for other environmental consents
• Managing their workload to deliver multiple deadlines across a large, fast moving, programme of design and construction work
• Influencing, co-ordinating, championing JBA’s environmental services within JBA-Bentley
• Working collaboratively with colleagues across JBA, JBA-Bentley and our environment teams
• Fostering good relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders
• Supporting business development, the delivery of environmental services and working with Team Leaders to identify, develop and execute new business opportunities.
These posts require a valid UK driving licence.