MacArthur Green is dedicated to helping projects that have important benefits to people and nature succeed and creating a positive environmental legacy through our work.
Our team of environmental consultants combine a strong mix of scientific, commercial and regulatory knowledge and experience. This ensures high quality and pragmatic service and advice is consistently delivered. We are creating a positive environmental legacy by investing in our own native woodland planting projects, which not only deliver biodiversity benefits, but will help to make MacArthur Green, and the services we deliver, carbon negative.
MacArthur Green specialises in the provision of ornithological, ecological, hydrological, peat and fisheries consultancy services. The sectors we serve include transport, transmission and renewable energy. Our work covers the terrestrial and marine environment.
To help important projects succeed and deliver a positive environmental legacy, the values at the core of MacArthur Green are a belief in consistently delivering high quality service and advice, supporting each other in our day to day lives, ensuring that the health and safety of our team is critical to what we do and having a positive impact on the environment.
MacArthur Green’s friendly and highly specialist team deliver high value work to clients including some of the largest renewable developers in the United Kingdom, and indeed internationally, such as Vattenfall, ScottishPower Renewables, Scottish and Southern Energy Renewables, RES UK & Ireland and Brookfield, with numerous onshore as well as offshore renewables projects. We also work for the Crown Estate, the Scottish Government, Scottish Natural Heritage, Natural England and the UK Government. Our non-renewables projects include the A9 dualling project and Grangemouth Flood Alleviation Scheme and water utility frameworks.
We require a motivated Principal EIA Project Manager who shares our values to join MacArthur Green’s dedicated team.
- Coordinate the overall management and delivery of projects to scope and deadlines.
- Working with specialist (ecology, ornithology, hydrology, peat and fisheries) project managers to ensure projects run to scope, budget and contract requirements.
- Report to the client, and others as necessary on progress, cost and time.
- Liaising with stakeholders
- Administer and review project contracts, including the client contracts and contracts with sub-consultants.
- Liaise directly with Directors to update them on projects.
- Manage project risks, opportunities, benefits and value.
- Support and mentoring of relevant team members.
- Support business development and lead/support bids/proposals/tenders for new projects.
- Undertake thorough EIA technical review of reports (focussing on ornithology, ecology, hydrology, fisheries and peat).
- Support compliance with company requirements in respect of our core values, mission, business operations, quality, health & safety and environmental management.
- Degree in a relevant technical environmental discipline (ideally ecology, hydrology or environment).
- Robust understanding of technical areas of expertise, including habitats regulations and EIA regulations and Environmental Report production.
- Project management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE or other structured training and assessment). You must be organised, have keen attention to detail and be comfortable coordinating team members to deliver excellent work to time and budget.
- Considerable line management and mentoring experience. You must be comfortable providing both positive and constructive feedback to bring the best out of fellow team members.
- Extensive experience of EIA project management within consultancy and/or as a project developer.
- Experience of preparing tenders.
- Good communication skills and strong relationships with stakeholders. You must also have good editing skills to polish off first class reports for clients, tying in all our specialisms in a cohesive way.
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. CIEEM, IEMA, CIWEM).
- A pro-active and flexible approach to work.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
MacArthur Green is based in Glasgow, and the successful candidate will be required to work from our Glasgow office, based on the River Kelvin. They will also work closely with and report directly to the company Directors.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
Please send a CV and covering letter, detailing relevant skills and experience to email@example.com. Deadline: 5pm, 28th August 2018.
NO RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS, THANK YOU.
MacArthur Green is an equal opportunities employer.