Imerys is the world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with more than 16,000 employees based in 50 countries and is seeking to recruit an Environmental Compliance Officer. The position will offer rich and diverse experiences in a challenging environment.
The purpose of the role:
- To be an integral member of the Imerys Minerals Ltd Environmental Health and Saftey Section, working to establish and further develop a positive Environmental Health and Saftey culture within Imerys Minerals Limited, by building a proactive, team approach to Environmental Health and Saftey management.
- Provide environmental advice, guidance and support (technical, legal, etc) to all Imerys Minerals Ltd activities.
- Maintain and develop Imerys Minerals Ltd’s Environmental Management System.
- Provide in-house specialist environmental & occupational monitoring.
- Provision of Imerys Minerals Ltd’s response to complaints, concerns and environmental incidents.
- Investigation of environmental incidents.
- Complete Statutory and other reporting in accordance with Imerys Minerals Ltd’s Regulatory and Group requirements.
The scope of the role will include all of Imerys Minerals Ltd's activities within the UK.
Applications are welcome from candidates with the following:
- Degree qualified in an environmentally-related field and / or having proven relevant industrial experience.
- Member of a relevant professional body (eg IEMA) is desirable.
- Demonstrable ability to implement practical solutions to environmental issues.
- Good understanding of Environmental legislation & requirements.
- Trained Environmental Auditor.
- Valid UK (or UK equivalent) Driving Licence.
A full job description can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to be considered for this position go to www.imerys.com, select the Careers tab, select Recruitment, Job Offers, locate the vacancy (ref 01001) and click the Apply button.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.