POST TITLE: Membership Marketing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Development
TEAM: Membership Marketing
REPORTS TO: Head of Commercial Development
ROLE GRADE: TBC
DIRECT REPORTS: Membership Marketing Officer, Marketing and Events Officer, Insight and Membership Reporting Officer
To elevate the IEMA brand through the
Deliver a brand focused marketing and communications plan, fully aligned to the objectives of the business strategy and designed to demonstrate and deliver maximum value to all stakeholders; to grow the membership base and ensure the organisation’s products and services are increasingly recognised as trusted and imperative.
- Chief Executive, Chief Operating Officer, Heads of Service, Marketing & Communications Team and external service providers.
- To put brand at the core of all we do.
- To develop a Marketing plan, aligned to business objectives and growth targets, to demonstrate maximum value to all member and potential member stakeholders and lead a team to successfully deliver it.
- Ensure member communications are audience relevant, targeted and on-message, accurately utilising a range of platforms and constantly measuring effectiveness via a range of tools and indicators.
- Use business data and market insight to design commercially valuable products across the membership portfolio, and project manage the team to produce high quality assets and supporting materials on time and to budget.
- Deliver agreed projects, events and business objectives on time and on budget.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
- Grow and nurture IEMA’s audience base, using business insight and market intelligence to accurately identify, segment and target both new and current audiences and to position the IEMA brand in markets across the sector.
- Working closely with the Campaigns and Content Manager, message a multi-platform, dynamic, relevant and valuable programme of targeted campaign communications to nurture members and non-members through to meet the business’ acquisition and retention targets.
- Use effective research methods to consistently test, review and explore brand awareness, penetration, relevance and understanding across sectors throughout the marketplace.
- Manage the Member Insight and Reporting Officer to ensure membership reporting is useful, timely and accurate and that it underpins all membership management. Growth and income targets must be constantly monitored and measured against actual performance, supplying data and information to relevant Managers to responsively make change to activity accordingly.
- Ensure relevant insight activity is both undertaken and then systematically gathered from quantitative and qualitative sources across the organisation. It should be consistently documented, analysed and reported according to business need, alongside captured business data, in order to support and evidence all business decision making. The Membership Marketing Manager will be responsible for new market horizon scanning, in collaboration with the Corporate Partnerships Manager and the Training and Development Manager.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of a wide range of events across the business that promote both growth and brand profile to multiple audiences. Often working in close collaboration with events partners and suppliers the Membership Marketing Manager will need to manage the Events and Marketing Officer to support timely and logistical delivery and create assets and materials that are on brand and within budget.
- Take the lead on product development to ensure the commercial viability of membership benefits via audience, corporate membership packages and training courses. All planned and budgeted activity will require accurate costing, business rationale and project planning and delivery to agreed deadlines and will require close collaboration and negotiation with teams across the organisation.
- In close collaboration with the Campaigns and Content Manager, constantly review and refine the value propositions for each identified audience. Develop an attractive brand personality and a trusted brand promise that’s synonymous with the organisation, through the accurate and consistent delivery of relevant content and valuable member benefits.
- Develop and embed brand purpose and values, ensuring the visual brand and organisational tone of voice grow and remain vibrant, flexing to meet the changing needs of IEMA, whilst retaining fundamental integrity, credibility and currency.
- Manage the team closely, investing time in coaching and professional development, tailored to suit each individual’s needs, to maintain a positive and high performing team.
- Effective budget management, ensuring cost efficiencies and employing reciprocal partnership working wherever possible, to achieve this.
- Assume ownership of self-development and continuing professional development to expand and develop skillset
- The post holder must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality and comply with IEMA’s Company Rules, Policies and Procedures.
- The Job Description may be subject to change at the discretion of IEMA and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to and consulted with the post holder appropriately.