Cove are proud to present an excellent opportunity for you to join a successful company based in South Wales.
The Company Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor role is to support the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager in the implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, and the development and promotion of a positive health and safety culture by providing a visible demonstration of commitment and leading by example.
Responsibilities To Include
- undertaking depot and site inspections at client sites
- investigating / recording incidents, accidents and near misses
- identifying potential hazards
- determining ways of reducing risks
- compiling bulletins and newsletters
- delivering presentations to company employees
- attending health and safety meetings and training courses some which could be at client sites
- keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Flexible approach to work.
- Calm, patient and assertive
- Good negotiation communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical investigative mind coupled with a high level of attention to detail, problem solving and organisational skills
- IT literate with the ability to apply applicable detailed legal, technical and regulatory information legislation and company procedures
Qualifications / Requirements
- NEBOSH qualified and working towards Chartered Membership status of IOSH
- An understanding of environmental laws
- Full clean driving license
- Willing to travel / overnight stays
- Experience of lifting operations advantageous
Salary / Benefits
- 30 - 35k dependent on experience
- Company car
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Company Laptop and mobile phone
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a forward thinking company in a growth sector, please don’t delay and apply today.
Role: Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Newport, Gwent, Wales
Apply for this job now.