Acre has been engaged by a specialist waste services client to identify a new Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager. The role will oversee and support day to day HSE aspects of all business activities across the site and the fleet of vehicles. One of the main aspects of the role will be to support the management team in developing a robust system of investigation and improvement, empowering them to be responsible for the safety of their teams and department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implementation of H&S policy
- Drive behavioural change through a cultural safety program
- Act as the HSE expert across the business
- Build strong relationships with management team members and other department personnel, to help promote a culture of working together and continuous improvement
The successful candidate will need to be a key motivator, as part of the safety committee to drive business change and improvements. The ability to engage and influence at all levels within the business will be vital to the candidate's success in the role.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of NEBOSH/NCRQ certificate or equivalent
- Experience in manufacturing/refinery/chemical process environments
- Working knowledge experience of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Management experience
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to bring together, motivate and work effectively with a variety of employees and external suppliers and regulators. The role will need someone to lead and develop a positive safety culture and assist senior management with decision making. If you feel that you have the skills and experience that our client is looking for then please apply.