Acre are delighted to be working alongside a leading pharmaceutical business to identify a site Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager. This business has state-of-the-art facilities across Europe delivering pharmaceutical development and manufacturing.
The Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager will lead on all aspects of HSE for the largest UK site, with 500+ employees. In this leadership role it will be the responsibility of the HSE Manager to identify all environmental, health & safety risks/opportunities and clearly communicate solutions to the Site Leadership Team (SLT).Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and developing HSE policies, procedures and guidance, in keeping with industry best practice, and making recommendations on their implementation and application
- Proposing, implementing and monitoring leading and lagging indicators to help measure and manage EHS compliance and continual EHS improvement
- Providing independent professional advice and technical information where appropriate, to the SLT and all line managers to ensure the business meets its statutory, common and moral obligations
- Managing the HSE team to include succession planning, appraisals, training, recruitment and performance
This successful person will have a deep understanding of the chemicals industry and UK HSE requirements. They will have IPPC/IED, COMAH experience ideally from working on Pharmaceutical/Chemical sites. This person must also have experience of leading HSE programmes on sites of a similar size and risk profile.
Knowledge and Experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma/NCRQ Diploma or equivalent
- Ideally CMIOSH, or GradIOSH working towards Chartership
- Experience with IPPC/IED
- Demonstrable experience leading on HSE in a relevant industry
- Excellent communication and engagement skills and the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
This role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced HSE professional to join an established market leader in biopharma manufacturing and assist in ensuring the safety of their employees across a major UK site.