Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Mace Macro offers a complete facilities management service for companies anywhere in the world. Operating as a consultancy, managing agent or principal contractor, with a client base that includes global brands in over 30 countries.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
Be a part of our facilities management business that oversees work for leading organisations across the public and private sectors around the world.
Health and Safety Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the implementation of H&S local regulatory requirements for client offices and employees across EMEA (including H&S induction training, H&S representatives, regulatory H&S risk-assessments, H&S committee meetings, first-aid and fire marshals, evacuations, ergonomics/DSE among others).
- Managing the roll-out of new H&S programs to cover client staff and FM services.
- Supporting Macro facility teams on executing their facility services and managing sub-contractors in accordance with Mace Macro’s quality, health, safety, environment and wellbeing standards and processes (QHSEW) including ISO9001, ISO14001 and OSHAS18001 certifications.
- Conducting gap analysis, audits and inspections and providing/coordinating training to site contacts and FM.
The person will be expected to travel significantly across EMEA (approx. 35%) to visit the 100+ sites and achieve the above.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Experience working in facilities management services is preferred.
- Experience managing European H&S requirements and regulations for commercial office activities.
- Must be a self-starter, dynamic and proactive but also a good team-worker.
- Good organisation, prioritisation and planning skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and digital QHSE management systems.
- A degree qualification is occupational health and safety or H&S diploma (i.e. NVQ5, NCRQ level 6) engineering or other relevant area would be an advantage.
- Technical IOSH or grad IOSH status with aim to achieve Chartered IOSH status is ideal.
- Internal auditor qualification OSHAS18001/45001.
- Relevant environmental qualification e.g. IEMA certificate is an advantage.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”