C Hanlon Limited are seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join our team. C Hanlon are an All Trades Company working within both the commercial and the domestic market place. The ideal candidate will be suitably experienced in construction based Health & safety with a flexible co-ordinated approach to business. You will be expected to undertake periodic audits of safety, health, environment and quality assurance standards with relevant reporting and recommendations also required.
The Successful candidate should Ideally have construction experience
- Have a strong understanding of the paperwork required
- Management Systems experience
- NEBOSH accreditation
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Applicants are also required to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of safety, environmental and quality procedures.
- A clean driving licence is essential as we operate throughout Scotland.
- Provide advice and guidance on the health, safety and environment related priorities and work activities in conjunction with line management.
- Advise and support line management on the implementation of new or existing legislation, rules and Company standards
- Proactively encourage and support the operational site teams to ensure that SHEQ is implemented at all project stages and that relevant control measures are put in place.
- Effectively plan and co-ordinate site inspections
- Provide support in respect of accident reporting and investigation to ensure all reporting documentation is comprehensively completed in accordance with Company and legal requirements.
- Comply with audit frequency as detailed in the audit programme and complete the shared activity calendar to allow effective coordination of auditing resources.
- Assist in delivery of Company Health and Safety campaigns, employee engagement sessions, Company inductions, safety briefings, development of relevant safety alerts, and otherwise assist the site teams with Health, Safety and Environmental promotions and communications.
- Assess specific risks and the degree of control currently applied on sites by way of audits with a view to devising initiatives to address any deficiencies.
- Contribute to tender responses which accurately reflect the management of health, safety and environmental standards on Company sites.
- Encourage an ethos of continuous improvement amongst site management with regards to health and safety standards where non-compliances are deemed an exceptional situation.
- Develop a suitable and sufficient behavioural safety approach on Company sites to build knowledge and reduce risk of accidents.
- Capability in delivering presentations / training sessions
Salary will be negotiable dependant on relevant experience. A company vehicle will be provided for the role.
Applications should be made in writing for the attention of Leeanne Goodman, Compliance Manager.