Acre is working in partnership with an established and market leading business in the climate and sustainable development market to find a new Head of Voluntary Client Portfolios.
The organisation have facilitated over $100million to deliver environmental and social impacts, improving the lives of over 6 million people with an ambitious vision for 2020. They have built an unprecedented reputation over the last two decades, renowned for its financial expertise and project development work.
- Generating and implementing a proactive wholesale strategy, and building and maintaining good relationships with wholesale market buyers to meet business targets
- Responding quickly to wholesale pricing requests and overseeing fulfilment of sales
- Accounting for production of all carbon or other environmental project or portfolio proposals to deadlines, following briefs or specifications
- Building and maintaining good relationships with key existing and new suppliers/project developers, holding periodic update meetings where required
- Negotiating with suppliers to generate the best structure and most advantageous pricing
Reporting into the Financial Director, you will be responsible for the work of the voluntary client portfolio team and this senior voluntary portfolio position will be a highly accountable management role, covering client portfolios and fulfilment, and the organisation's wider wholesale business.
Skills and capabilities:
- Commercial or business background
- Track record of prioritising a high workload, with deliverables to different internal teams
- Some understanding and familiarity with voluntary carbon markets and their role in tackling climate change, though in depth project knowledge is not needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Ability to generate and maintain excellent and productive external relationships
You will be part of an energetic team that works with the organisation's extensive network of project partners and suppliers to fulfil these portfolio elements via the purchase of voluntary carbon credits. As part of this small team, your role will be pivotal to the fulfilment of the carbon side of the business, ensuring access to new projects and programmes.