Acre are looking to speak with Senior Sustainability & Environment professionals from the construction industry, that want to move onto a newly created Head of Environment & Sustainability position.
Our client is a highly regarded, leading name in the construction sector. The Group Head of Sustainability within the business is restructuring the leadership team for Sustainability, and has identified the need to have a driven, senior sustainability leader. This Head of Environment and Sustainability position will help to drive consistency to the entire UK construction business across all business units and geographies.
This senior position in the business will develop, manage and implement a sustainability strategy in line with the corporate targets and objectives, picking up on their exiting 2020 goals. Directly managing a team of four Sustainability Managers and Advisors, this individual will influence key decision makers across the business, driving the sustainability agenda and maximizing operational efficiency through sustainability programmes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Influencing senior leaders in the business to make the case for sustainable business, to drive operational efficiency and advance the sustainability agenda
- Developing and making a clear business case for new and innovative techniques and solutions that drive efficiencies in key areas such as waste and energy/carbon
- Working with regional management teams to complete business planning and ensure that budgets are set accordingly
To be considered the following SHOULD apply to you:
- Masters-level education in sustainability/environment or construction
- Associate level membership or higher of IEMA, ICRS or similar
- Demonstrable experience on major new build and refurbishment projects
- In-depth understanding of one or more environmental assessments e.g. BREEAM, LEED, Ska Rating, WELL Standard
- Aptitude for driving capability in others and managing a team
- Knowledge and experience of implementing ISO14001
This Head of Environment & Sustainability position is an excellent opportunity to take the lead for a very well recognised business in the construction industry. It offers the chance to lead a team and make a significant impact through the successful delivery of your sustainability strategy. If you meet the requirements and are interested in consideration, please do apply.