Acre has been engaged by a leading principal contractor to identify an energetic and experienced Head of Environment and Sustainability. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on environmental and sustainability processes on over £350m worth of infrastructure projects in the North. Reporting into the HSEQ Director, the Head of E&S will join a high-achieving team in driving forward environmental and sustainability performance across many major UK projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing outstanding environmental and sustainability leadership across all relevant projects
- Leading on the development of environmental and sustainability policy, procedures and objectives to achieve the sustainability goals of the business
- Supporting the business in its aim of achieving BREEAM
- Promoting and raising awareness of the impact of new environmental and sustainability legislation to key stakeholders
- Ensuring innovation and best practice is developed, implemented and encouraged across the projects, supply chain and contractors
- Proactively managing all environmental and sustainability risks across the business
This position is ideally suited to someone with significant environmental and sustainability experience of major construction and/or rail infrastructure projects. They will need the skills to work across a range of stakeholders, along with the ability to take the lead regarding environmental and sustainability delivery on numerous sites.
Key requirements include:
- Qualification in environmental or a related discipline
- IEMA Diploma / IEMA Associate Certificate
- Full professional membership of a recognised environmental body
- Lead Auditor training
- Chartered Environmentalist desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively to persuade and influence others in gaining agreement to and acceptance of ideas
- Positive approach to the challenges of change with the ability to elicit a receptive response in others
This exciting opportunity offers an individual the chance to work for a highly-regarded contractor on a diverse range of construction projects. Opportunities of this nature are rare in the North, so if you feel you have the correct skill set then please don't hesitate to apply.