Acre is pleased to be working with a well regarded fresh produce supplier to hire a Group Ethics Manager to lead the group ethics team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real difference, improving the working life of all key stakeholders within the supply chain, through world-class industry recognised ethical practices.
The role is responsible for developing a risk-based approach to managing the Group supply chain (both internal and external) which mitigates risk to the business, including the development of a risk assessment system.
You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring an effective ethical auditing programme of the Group supply chain whilst managing and updating an effective SEDEX system
- Manage the Group ethical audit programme, undertaking thorough investigations into potential ethical compliance issues
- Working directly with suppliers (both internal and external) and stakeholders to resolve ethical issues and ensuring continuous improvement in ethical supply standards
- The line management of three staff members, identifying training and development needs for the team as a whole, as well as individual team members
- Effectively communicating ethical standards to stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with the health and safety team; acting on safety reports and information, unsafe practices and accidents or incidents
The successful candidate will have experience working with ethical / social compliance issues, ideally experienced in the food manufacturing industry.
You will also:
- Have a recognised auditing accreditation and degree level qualifications in a relevant area
- Have good knowledge of relevant UK and international legislation and guidance including UK employment law, Gang Master Licencing Authority and Ethical Trade Initiative
- Sound knowledge of good ethical/ social good practice within ethical/ social compliance.
- Experience managing a team would be an advantage
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to manage and develop a team to champion human rights and sustainability.