Acre has partnered with a leading FTSE 250 transport operator and as such is looking to speak with Environmental Managers from within construction, civils, transport and infrastructure.
The UK Group Environmental manager will play a key role in maintaining the high standards of environmental management that have been achieved by the company to date, including ISO certified management systems and high ratings in sustainability leadership indices such as the Carbon Disclosure Project and Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
Reporting to the Group Head of Environment, you will contribute to the Group CR/Sustainability strategy and drive its UK-wide implementation in terms of environment. You will work with the UK divisions to identify the skills, resources, systems of evaluation, monitoring and governance necessary to deliver the strategy, and will be confident in driving change in a complex business environment.
As an expert practitioner and member of a relevant professional body (e.g. IEMA), you will maintain a robust framework of environmental policy, standards and internal controls for the Group, continually setting the highest standards, sharing best practice and identifying opportunities for innovation which can be applied from outside our sector.
You will also be responsible for:
- Monitoring and evaluating the Group's sustainability performance, analysing trends and communicating these to stakeholders
- Managing compliance with the Group's regulatory energy and environmental obligations including the Carbon Reduction Commitment (as Primary Contact) and Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- Staying at the forefront of relevant legislation, assessing the impact of policy and regulatory developments and, working closely with the Group Head of Environment, recommending, communicating, and implementing strategies to ensure Group compliance, especially in relation to carbon and air emissions
- Supporting and leading divisional approaches to energy and environmental management systems in the UK, including relevant Group policy, protocols and standards
To be considered for this position, you must be:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- A member of an applicable professional body (e.g. IEMA / IEnvSc) at Associate level or higher (or equivalent)
- Experienced in an environmental management role, managing compliance with UK/EU environmental legislative requirements including CRC EES. Managing, auditing and transitioning (to ISO14001:2015) ISO certified management systems (e.g.14001, 20400, 50001)