Acre is pleased to partner exclusively with one of the UK's largest food producers in the search for a Group Energy Manager to fill this newly created role. Supplying all major UK retailer and food service companies, their 7000 staff operate out of 17 production facilities across the country each with its own complex energy challenges. As energy lead for this portfolio, the Group Energy Manager will conceive and implement a programme of works to drive energy performance across the business.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and deliver energy strategy based on best practice response to markets, policy, legislation, and innovations in technology
- Co-ordinate and develop projects at group and site level to improve energy savings, data management, and controls/sub-metering - includes £2m CAPEX budget for 2017
- Build the business case for projects including financing of solutions, whole life costing, calculating return on investment
- Own relationships with consultants on the provision of project implementation and energy procurement services
- Engage internally with operational / engineering / SHE colleagues to raise energy awareness and drive behavioural changes
The successful candidate will possess strong technical capability, twinned with the ability to build relationships and gain buy-in from colleagues when promoting the energy agenda.
They will also possess:
- Relevant academic background in Engineering or similar technical discipline, Chartered Engineer or Energy Manager status desirable
- A proven track record in managing energy for large multisite organisations, specifically within the manufacturing sector
- Expert knowledge in energy technology, project implementation, and best practice energy management processes
- Strong financial and business acumen, experience in developing business cases, strong contractor and vendor management skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management, presentation and influencing skills
This is a fantastic opportunity lead energy management at Group level for a market leading business with over £1bn turnover and an array of complex manufacturing sites. With a new CEO in the last 12 months and sustainability now high up the agenda, the successful individual will spearhead a programme of works which deliver significant impact on the business's bottom line and sustainability performance.