My client, a growing environmental consultancy practice, is looking to recruit a Graduate/Assistant Landscape Architect to join the team in Oxfordshire. This organisation offer high quality landscape architecture, master planning, ecology and arboriculture services to client projects throughout the region, priding themselves on meeting projects requirements in a professional and efficient manner. My client deliver services to a varied client group, including both private and local authority clients, working on major environmental and development projects as well as smaller scale schemes.
Applying for the position of Graduate Landscape Architect, you will have a degree and post-graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture, such as a Masters or Post-Graduate Diploma from a course recognised by the Landscape Institute. You will ideally have some professional experience working in a similar position, preferably within a consultancy environment. You will have strong hand drawing and design skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be expected to have a basic knowledge of the planning sector, completing landscape and visual impact assessments (LVIA), master plans, design briefs and landscape character and capacity assessments.
The successful candidate will have strong software skills with a good working knowledge of industry standard software, such as AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Sketchup and InDesign. You will be motivated and enthusiastic, with a real passion for the sector and a willingness to continue building on your current skill set. Due to the nature of work involved, you will be required to hold a full, clean driving licence.
Working as a Graduate Landscape Architect, your position will include:
* Working on LVIAs across a range of development sectors
* Establishing landscape requirements with clients and ensuring that these are met effectively
* Providing input to landscape mitigation plans
* Working on day-to-day tasks within the landscape team, including surveys, constraints plans, layout options, masterplans and landscape design
* Contributing to the delivery of a range of projects
* Producing designs, plans and reports to the highest possible standard
* Working efficiently as an individual as well as within a larger team
* Maintaining excellent working relationships with clients and spotting opportunities for follow-up work
The successful candidate will join a growing landscape team within a successful multi-disciplinary practice. You will be offered excellent training and progression opportunities along with the guarantee of a friendly and supportive work environment.
For more information or for further vacancies within the landscape or ecology sector please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on 01792 365 002. Alternatively, you can send an email and we’ll call you back. Emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEYWORDS: landscape architect, LVIA, consultancy, design, impact assessment, CMLI, AutoCAD, environmental, landscape, architecture, graduate, assistant, consultant