Thai Union is one of the world's biggest seafood processors. Acre is partnering exclusively with Thai Union Europe to identify a Thai Union Northern Europe Sustainability Manager, focused across the 3 core brands within Northern Europe; John West, King Oscar and RügenFisch.
Fully committed to sustainable fishing through its group-wide SeaChange programme, Thai Union (TU) is committed to delivering real and lasting change in the way that it operates, leads and influences across 4 key pillars: Responsible Sourcing, Marine Conservation, Safe and Legal Labour, and Caring for its Communities. In Europe, they have partnered with WWF as a key part of their journey towards MSC certification, which includes the implementation of Fishery Improvement Projects.
The successful candidate will work closely with the TU Northern Europe Managing Director and European & Global Group Sustainability leaders to realise these goals. Furthermore, they will:
- Provide subject matter expertise, leadership, strategic direction and execute subsequent action plans in the area of fish sustainability
- Support the 3 brands in communicating the sustainability agenda across all internal and external stakeholders, dealing with all associated customer enquiries
- Partner with the global parent sustainability team to ensure business strategy and focus remain aligned & share best practise across the group
- Lead customer communications and co-ordinate agreed customer and supplier projects that enhance and explore alternative sustainability systems and practice
- Keep abreast of industry and environmental research and coordinate development programmes by participating in leading industry, trade and other stakeholder bodies associated with sustainability matters
- Represent the brands and act as a spokesperson for government agencies and NGO's, including coordination of the WWF commercial partnership in Northern Europe
The ideal candidate will be adept at partnering with multiple business functions, and engaging and influencing executive, commercial, marketing and buying teams.
Key requirements for the post holder also include:
- Strong commercial strategy development and leadership experience within sustainable supply chains, preferably with exposure to responsible sourcing of high-risk commodities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to take complex issues and translate into meaningful commercial language
- Relevant academic credentials related to environmental management and/or sustainability
- Experience of working with major corporates and NGO's is desirable
- Data management and presentation skills, with the ability to present at board level and to external stakeholders
- Additional languages such as German and French would be advantageous
If you'd like to play a key part in ensuring the world's oceans continue to be a home to fish for future generations, then please apply for the post below