Acre is delighted to be partnering with Ball Packaging to identify an exceptional European Sustainability Manager. Part of Ball Inc, Ball Packaging is the largest producer of recyclable metal packaging in the world. Putting technical know-how, passion and innovation at the heart of its business, Ball's ambition is to make the can the most sustainable beverage packaging in the world.
Reporting into the European Sustainability Director, the European Sustainability Manager will deliver projects to ensure Ball is represented externally in the UK and the Nordics; integral to the context of sustainable packaging and the current debate around plastic bottles, marine litter, circular economy and recycling targets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of the organisations environmental strategies, both challenging and supporting Operations on how to embrace sustainability efforts within manufacturing locations whilst also supporting corporate initiatives and objectives and for providing technical support to key client accounts eg. Coke, Carlsberg, Red Bull assisting in carbon footprint calculations.
- Lead on Public Affairs, developing relationships with academia, think-tanks, NGOs and other stakeholders in the packaging, recycling and aluminium sectors
- Represent the company in the UK and the Nordics with government and industry associations
- Hold principal responsibility for the sustainability strategy into the operational supply chain
- Contribute to the sustainability strategy for Europe and input into global sustainability projects
- Support corporate HQ on data management and quality and engagement in corporate initiatives
- Assume responsibility for supporting key customers on sustainability matters
This person will be an action-oriented project manager who has worked within large, international, multi-cultural and matrix-managed businesses.
- Relevant degree in sustainability, environmental management or public affairs
- Extensive professional sustainability experience with a strong commercial understanding of sustainability data around recycling and waste, closed loop, circular economy principles
- Experience from a commercial packaging, recycling or FMCG business, ideally with an understanding of EPRs or materials such as PET
- Demonstrable stakeholder engagement at all levels, with proven, strong communication and presentation skills and previous exposure to public affairs
This is a truly inspiring opportunity to join and represent a progressive, continually growing organisation, putting long-term environmental and social value at the core of its purpose. If you feel this is describing you, then we welcome an expression of interest from you as soon as possible.