Reporting to the EHSQ (Operations) Manager, the purpose of this role will be to advise on all aspects of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) for a construction project based in Winfrith, Dorset.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the project is working in compliance with all policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Full knowledge of the project strategy and installation model.
- Ensuring the project complies with key legislation and guidance and be aware of any new or changes to existing legislation, approved codes of practice and industry guidance.
- Ensuring that all site based staff are fully aware of any safety alerts or similar reports.
- Manage the ‘Works Administration Centre’ and ensure that all safe systems of work, and any associated permits are signed and approved appropriately.
- Reporting and assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents.
- Liaise with Client EHS department during the planning and implementation of operations to ensure compliance with project requirements and works information.
- Supporting the development of management improvement plans and feeding back information
- Undertake weekly EHS inspections and facilitate management engagement tours with ensuring the implementation of actions raised.
Our client has been established for over 20 years locally and is focused on delivering design solutions to the nuclear industry, specialising in the design of mechanical handling plant and equipment, the design and installation of plant control systems and the provision of support to plant safety reviews.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- CSCS Card
- First Aid Certificate
- Nuclear/Construction experience (ideally Nuclear decommissioning)
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Radiological Protection Advisor Training Certificate
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.