The main purpose of this role is to undertake delivery of environmental training (IEMA certified, approved and bespoke environmental training courses) to individuals at external training venues and to organisations as in-house courses.
In addition, the job holder would be required to undertake 3rd party environmental audits (ISO 14001, Green Dragon), mainly within Wales, with some requirement to work in England.
The applicant must have significant experience of delivery of environmental training and a good level of environmental auditing experience across a wide range of sectors.
About the Green Business Centre
The Green Business Centre is an IEMA registered training centre delivering IEMA certified and approved courses, in addition we deliver bespoke environmental training. We undertake environmental audits and project work, and provide environmental legislation support. We have been successfully supporting a wide variety of public and private sector organisations for over 8 years.
- Have responsibility for the delivery of environmental training (including IEMA certified and approved environmental courses). Courses to be delivered include IEMA Certified Lead Environmental Auditor, Internal EMS Auditor, Making the Transition to ISO 14001:2015, Auditing to ISO 14001:2015; IEMA Approved Environmental Legislation and Sustainable Procurement.
- Support the Lead Auditor/Trainer and Training Manager with the development of training material for the delivery of the IEMA environmental courses.
- Generate leads and create business opportunities for delivery of both externally and in-house training courses.
- Requirement to undertake some 3rd party environmental audits (ISO 14001, Green Dragon) across a wide variety of sectors including food, construction, building development and not for profit companies.
- Assist the Office Manager with the administration of the audits including management of annual audit plan and arranging of audit dates. When undertaking own audits duties, will include site visits, preparation of audit plans, writing up of audit reports and ensuring closure of non-conformances from previous audits.
- There will be an expectation to undertake environmental project work and general office duties in addition to supporting the team in all aspects of work at the Green Business Centre.
- The successful applicant will be expected to adhere to and abide by the policies and procedures of the Green Business Centre.
Person specification and requirements
- Hold an Environmental or related degree of 2.2 or higher
- Have at least 3 years’ experience of environmental training delivery
- Ideally hold a current and valid membership of IEMA.
- Have as a minimum 5 years’ experience as an environmental auditor
- Have strong understanding of issues relating to 3rd party environmental auditing across a wide range of sectors
- Have strong administration skills including audit report writing and planning
- Have an excellent understanding of environmental issues affecting businesses in the context of promoting the work of the company
- Have strong IT skills particularly Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to use a CRM system
- Have proven track record of the ability to multi task, this is essential due to the number of training courses delivered and audits undertaken by the company
- Be an excellent communicator and have the ability to deal with potential conflict situations
- Ability to work on own initiative and with very little supervision
- Have energy, enthusiasm and a passion for the environmental sector
- Hold a clean driving licence and have access to a car
- Be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Hold IEMA or equivalent approval to deliver certified and approved environmental courses
For further information on the Green Business Centre company, visit our website at www.greenbusinesscentre.org.uk
Or contact Claire Abrahams Office & Training Manager, on 02920 344049 or email firstname.lastname@example.org