Acre has been engaged by a FTSE100 global manufacturer to recruit an Environmental Specialist for their flagship processing site in Hertfordshire.
As an expert practitioner and member of a relevant professional body (e.g. IEMA), you will maintain a robust framework of environmental policy, standards and internal controls for the site, continually setting the highest standards, sharing best practice and identifying opportunities for innovation.
Lower or upper tier COMAH experience is an essential requirement to be considered. By utilising technical expertise, with regular communications at site, you will be able to make a significant impact at site by strategically developing and maintaining environmental awareness on site. You will be able to make a significant impact on this upper tier COMAH site by communicating regularly with stakeholders & developing & maintaining environmental awareness on site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the COMAH permits to ensure site is compliant with all environmental legislation, including managing any required changes
- Liaising with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Leading technical meetings with external regulators to define and manage any corrective or preventative actions
- Liaising with external authorities on site plans to develop and improve policies and procedures
- Delivering and maintaining site awareness and training to ensure standards are embedded across the site
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive upper Tier COMAH experience
- Experienced writing and updating upper tier COMAH safety reports
- Relevant Environmental qualification, such as IEMA
- Previous experience within a refinery/processing environment would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills
If you are a change agent, an implementor and have a strong history in managing environmental issues within high risk environments, this position could be for you. If you would like the opportunity to work for a global leader within their space, please apply today to be considered.