With our ambitious plans for growth we are currently looking for a highly qualified senior environmental professional seeking a new challenge. You will offer an extensive record of accomplishment in developing and nurturing client relationships, managing teams, project delivery and have an outstanding reputation in the market.
As the Environmental Services Director you will be expected to win great work, grow the account to maximise opportunity for Mott MacDonald, and be accountable for the delivery of excellent projects. This is a complex role, combining both operational and strategic challenges, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders. The ability to prioritise, influence without authority and collaborate is fundamental, substantiated by subject matter expertise and a drive for excellence and results.
This is a crucial position and you will be responsible for the provision of a wide range of environmental services in support of infrastructure schemes within the transportation and other sectors, including water, buildings and power. You will work particularly closely with the Highways Design Services (HDS) Director. Our strategy is to foster a client centric experience which will ensure that we build and maintain Mott MacDonald’s relation-ships with all our clients. In this role you will play a lead part in gaining trust with our clients and key stake-holders, including environmental organisations, and have overall responsibility for delivery to key clients, whilst also acting in a capacity as a bid or project director.
This is a divisional management team position (member of Highways Board). The role reports directly to the Divisional General Manager for Highways. We are flexible on location, so you could be based in one of these offices: Croydon, Bristol or Southampton.
Closing date for your application: 17 June 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The role encompasses but is not limited to:
- Develop and maintain strong key client relationships
- Maintain our relationship with our strategic partners and develop new partnerships as necessary
- Actively engage with the Mott MacDonald environment practice in a transportation leadership role
- Actively deliver our projects to exceed our customers’ expectations and ambitions
- Drive technical excellence by seeking innovative solutions that add value for our customers
- Maintain an effective organisational structure, including overseeing the management and development of resource groups, for the account to deliver its contribution to the divisional business plan
- Grow a sustainable business and deliver the allocated environmental services annual budget through
- Securing the future order book by identifying opportunities, turning them into prospects and driving the bidding process, ensuring bids are technically and commercially sound
- Strong commercial management across the account
- Project leadership as a project principal and active project risk management
- Ensuring high quality technical output in accordance with the group’s business management system
- Promoting effective implementation of technology
- Achieving set staff utilisation targets
- Setting and achieving recruitment targets to deliver annual growth
Your skills profile will demonstrate proven management experience and relevant environmental technical expertise. You will relish the challenge of enhancing our environmental profile in the market place, securing work load to grow the Environmental services account. You will need to manage and develop our teams to an appropriate size and shape with the necessary skills to delight our customers, achieve our commercial aims and add value to the Mott MacDonald business.
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- University qualified environmental professional
- Chartered environmentalist or equivalent status in another allied environmental professional institution (e.g. The Landscape Institute)
- Strong EIA, environmental design, and/or environmental management experience
- Significant customer facing experience
- Business planning, business development and marketing experience
- Development of winning proposals
- Significant experience in an operational management role, leading medium/large sized teams
- Sound knowledge of environmental legislation, guidance and technical documents (e.g. EIA Regs., DMRB, WebTAG, ISO14001 etc.)
Essential competencies / skills:
- Authoritative and dynamic
- Ability to operate at board level
- Collaborative working style
- Ability to develop relationships and engender trust at all levels of the organisation and with clients and partners
- Strong communications skills to be able to unambiguously communicate targets, and priorities to staff, clients and partners through a variety of media in an effective and professional manner
- Team building and staff mentoring skills
- Well organised and able to manage inputs from various disciplines and professionals;
- Ability to deliver to demanding schedules and targets
- Project, financial and resource management skills
- Delegation skills
- Excellent presentational skills