We are first and foremost a conservation charity, and our vision 'Forever, for everyone' encompasses why we’re working hard to conserve energy and protect the environment, as well as conserving beautiful buildings and breath-taking landscapes. In order to meet our vision we need to be sustainable for the future, we need to ensure we’re making the most efficient use of natural resources, water and energy right now. That’s where you come in.
The National Trust Consultancy is the home to specialists in every field of our work. A national consultancy, where resources are shared across disciplines and boundaries, it’s proving to be a great repository of skills, talent and experience. The diversity and quality of expertise within the Consultancy will enable our properties and places to benefit from an extraordinary range of creative and innovative thinking, as well as deep expertise in all matters relating to our twin purpose of caring for the nation’s heritage and landscapes, and making these accessible to all.
Please note this role can be based at our regional office in Grasmere or Altrincham.
About the role
We’re working hard to protect the special places we look after so that they can be enjoyed for centuries to come. And your role, as Environmental Practices Adviser, will have a valuable impact on our future sustainability. As an environmental expert in our Internal Consultancy, you’ll provide guidance and advice to properties on our environmental practices, including the management of energy, water, waste, natural resource and land use. Your role will focus on developing how environmental practices are managed in the West of the North region. You’ll help properties to reduce energy consumption and meet sustainability targets. But it’s not about just telling people what to do, it’ll be up to you to review the need of different properties and coach key stakeholders on effective, efficient environmental practice and why it’s so important. You’ll get involved in exciting projects and help us develop our new Environmental Management System. Externally, we want you to be champion our environmental work, raising awareness and building valuable partnerships.
In order to be successful in this role you'll need:
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of environmental practices – including the management of energy, waste, land use and natural resources
- The ability to use your expertise to support the roll out of innovative initiatives to improve our environmental performance
- Excellent people skills in order to collaborate with many different groups
- Experience of coaching and inspiring teams to influence and deliver results
- Project management skills, working to targets and deadlines
- A track record of influencing, managing and inspiring others to achieve results
- Experience of interpreting and working with internal and external research
- The ability to analyse the data and convert it into information that will influence manager’s decisions.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership.
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness.
Unique to us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking.