Acre has been engaged by one of the worlds leading building materials providers on a search for their next environmental Permitting and Compliance Manager based in the Midlands. Our client is undergoing a major investment in their wider environmental program, keeping sustainability at the top of the agenda for the organisation. This role is at the forefront of the environmental permitting and compliance program, having responsibility for a wide geographical region and engagement across the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and undertaking compliance visits and audits of sites - ability to travel necessary
- Ensuring environmental compliance with legislation and permits, including supporting operations to address areas of non-compliance
- Project manage complex permit applications and surrenders
- Determine and share best practice in terms of permit, water and waste (landfill & recycling) management
- Run environmental training programmes, ensuring that the business has appropriate technical competence in place
This is a great opportunity for an environmental manager with experience in waste and permitting to join an industry leader and be a part of a collaborative team that supports the business in minimising their environmental impact and ensuring the business is sustainable.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role, ideally in an industrial multisite landfill/quarry environment engaging directly with the business leaders
- A degree level (or equivalent) in a related subject and have a strong understanding of environmental legislation, practices and procedures, including practical application and preferably permitting application experience
- Excellent stakeholder engagement experience, including working with regulatory authorities, including the Environment Agency
- Good communication and influencing skills, able to engage at all levels
- Valid UK Drivers License
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to bring together, motivate and work effectively with variety of different employees, with an attitude for constant development and learning. If you feel that you have the right skills and experience and you are interested in joining an industry leading manufacturer, please apply.