Acre has partnered with a leading UK food manufacturer and as such I'm looking to speak with Environmental Managers from within Food manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals/Chemicals and site-based Oil and Gas projects.
My client has assessed how Environmental issues are evaluated within the business and as a result has created an Environmental Management position, to solely focus on the daily environmental challenges that occur within large scale food manufacturing facilities. Your objective will be setting the long-term strategy for reducing the site's environmental impact, including areas around water usage, carbon consumption and waste.
Alongside technical skills, and as part of our client's on-going progressive approach, you will be required to proactively drive culture change within the organisation. Achieving success within environmental culture change is a key focus for the company, therefore being able to effectively influence various senior stakeholders in the UK and overseas, will play a big part in your successes within this position.
You will be working for a company who are putting environmental issues high on the agenda, and this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new, exciting and fruitful project to make your mark on the company and the wider environment.
You will also be responsible for:
- Formulating and implement environment management systems, consistent with wider group strategy
- Representing the company at group environmental initiatives, preparing and issuing reports against performance, strategy and audits
- Collaborating with CSR and Sustainability departments to ensure a consistent approach contributes to holistic improvement
- Managing environmental relationships with enforcement agencies, developing uniformity across the company's sites
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline
- Significant experience delivering Environmental Management Systems
- Current knowledge of UK / EU environmental legislation and regulation
- Motivated by change and heavily proactive
- Demonstrable track record of success at a senior level
If you meet the requirements and are interested in consideration, please do apply.