Due to a period of long service leave, this Local Council based in the western suburbs, immediately seeks an available Environmental Health Officer to support a busy team of officers.
You will be managing a busy portfolio which will enable you to undertake a variety of Environmental Health Officer responsibilities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conduct thorough inspections of premises in order to prevent risk associated with food storage and preparation
- Ensure all food and public health businesses within the municipality are adhering to the relevant legislation
- Following up on any premises that do not meet their legislative obligations upon inspection
- Issue notices where required
The ideal candidate will be experienced in delivering an educational and advisory service to proprietors.
You will also have:
- A Bachelor of Health Science
- Previous experience as an Environmental Health Officer within Victoria
- Proven background in dealing with proprietors and investigations
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or other EHO opportunities within Local Government, please contact Natalie Brooker on (03) 9092 7218 or send an email to email@example.com. Alternatively you may apply online!