An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Health & Safety Officer to join one of the world leading manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms based at our state of the art manufacturing facility in Milton Keynes. In return we offer competitive salary, 25 days holiday which increases with service, bank holidays, healthcare scheme, 5% contributory pension, death in service / life insurance and profit related bonus scheme.
Niftylift Limited is a private UK company, which was founded in 1985 and has achieved sustained sales growth year on year to become one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms. With over 75% of our products exported, we have a vast sales and dealer export network across over 40 countries worldwide, supported by 500+ employees in the UK, based across three centres of excellence manufacturing sites. Please see our website: http://www.niftylift.com/uk
The Environmental Health & Safety Office will develop the company’s health and safety and environmental standards, systems, processes and procedures. Successfully maintain ISO18001 & ISO14001 standards. Effectively communicate, training and audit to meet the standards.
Responsibilities and duties
- Structure, develop and maintain effective and comprehensive health and safety management standards and procedures in accordance with Health and safety management system BS EN18001. Audit and sustain compliance requirements.
- Structure, develop and maintain effective and comprehensive Environmental management standards and procedures in accordance with Health and safety management system BS EN14001. Audit and sustain compliance requirements.
- Co-ordinate and improve all health and safety and environmental practices and controls, including structuring and maintaining COSHH assessments, Risk assessments, Manual handling assessments, Accident reports, Near miss report investigation, RIDDOR, Fire risk assessments and maintenance of safety and environmental related equipment / plant etc.
- Assessment, financial justification and implementation / commissioning of health & safety and environmental plant and equipment to develop and improve the business.
- People / culture development and training in alignment with new methods / practices being introduced. Encourage and facilitate improvements promoted from the employee teams.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience
- IOSH Safety Management qualification or equivalent essential
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalent essential
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or 5 year’s experience desirable;
- Excellent analytical skills combined with good negotiation and conflict management skills with proficiency in computers would be beneficial.
- Computer literacy to a high standard in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Access
- Strong organisation, planning and implementation skills;
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude to problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Self-driven and Result oriented.
- Hands on approach to resolving problems
- Able to facilitate a team to drive improvements
- Able to work in a methodical way to ensure standard processes are followed
- Able to manage their own time effectively with minimal supervision to meet targets
- Demonstrating a willingness to learn and develop within a rapidly changing environment
- Competitive Salary
- Profit related bonus
- 25 days holiday (increases with service), plus bank holidays
- Health cover scheme for dental, optician etc. (Kids membership included, Additional Membership available for Partner at an additional cost to employee)
- 5% Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance Scheme
Some travel between sites in the UK may be required.
Basic Hours are 40 per week, Monday - Friday.
If you meet the criteria above, please apply online today!