This West Midlands based Environmental Consultancy are looking for an Environmental Consultant to join their busy Environmental Permitting department.
Reporting to the Technical Director of Environmental Permitting, you will be responsible for:
- Technical input to the team and other departments
- Support on Environmental Permit, Consents, and License decisions
- Design and carry out environmental monitoring plans
- Review data and write reports
- Design and supervise investigations into contaminated land
- Carry out environmental risk assessments to derive remediation goals and remediation options
- Carry out EIA modelling such as landfill gas risk assessment, dispersion and atmospheric emission modelling.
- Carry out site work including walkover surveys, site inspections and environmental monitoring
- Client liaison
- Control the quality, time scale and costs of projects.
- Prepare invoices to clients and chasing settlement when required
- Represent the company at events
- Maintain and complete your own CPD records
The ideal candidate will have:
- BSc in relevant subject
- 2-4 years’ experience working for an environmental consultancy, an operator or a regulator, with experience of preparing or determining applications for Environmental Permits
- Basic understanding of the regulatory framework
- Experience in project management, finance control and budgeting
- Microsoft Word and Excel computer skills
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- High standards of written work
- Full clean driving licence
This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to learn, has enthusiasm to take on new experiences and wants to build on their experiences in this area of environmental consultancy.