We currently we have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Assurance Manager based in Warwick to join our leadership team within a new Asset Assurance team. This is a key role in our business to provide independent assurance within Gas Transmission, regulatory controls and a robust environmental management system in order to meet key legislative requirements.
National Grid is at the heart of energy in the UK. Connecting millions of customers with gas and electricity, we make sure that lights are on, homes are heated and businesses powered. We are the sole owner and operator of the gas national transmission system in Great Britain and our key assets include pipelines, compressor stations and terminals. Good environmental compliance assurance strategy is essential to our success and we are growing our capability in this area to ensure that we deliver for our customers and maximise returns for our shareholders. That’s why we need the very best people to join our team. And that’s why we’re talking to you.
- Establish, implement and manage the environmental compliance assurance strategy to meet key legislative requirements for the gas transmission business.
- Develop, manage and strengthen the Environmental management framework across gas transmission and assess the effectiveness of the organisation to consistently adhere to it;
- Proactively manage, develop and maintain positive relationships with the Environmental regulators and be the principle point of contact;
- Develop and deliver incisive internal intervention plan on emerging risk situations to proactively assess legislative compliance;
- Monitor and review the performance against the environmental management framework and assess the appropriateness of control measures to manage risks;
- Proactively influence Senior Leaders across the business to ensure they are managing and discharging obligations under the respective environmental legislation/environmental permit conditions.
What we’re looking for:
- Membership of relevant professional body and/or relevant experience in an environmental assurance area;
- Excellent leadership skills (you will manage a team of up to 8 direct report)
- Degree level education in an environmental engineering/management discipline preferred;
- Significant experience of leading an environmental function in a regulated environment;
- Track record of developing working relationships quickly and effectively;
- Strong influencer and excellent communication skills;
- Extensive understanding of the application of key legislation;
- Environmental Management experience to supervisory level;
- Leading edge understanding of environmental management philosophy and application.
Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
To learn more about working at National Grid and applying for this position, click on the Apply button.